Muffins pretending to be doughnuts! 🙂 We figured doughnut muffins would be perfect for the holiday season.
- 1. Wreath Doughnut Muffin:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Lightly grease the muffin molds.
- Prepare wet and dry ingredients individually in a separate bowl then mix together with a whisk until well incorporated. It's not necessary to knead and be sure not to over mix.
- Spoon into the prepared doughnut muffin molds.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to insert into the center of the muffin, if it comes out clean it is ready.
- Decorate with Matcha frosting (see below).
- 2. Matcha Frosting:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, refrigerate for 1 hour or until set, and then transfer into a piping bag.
- Pipe the caramel sauce onto the doughnuts and garnish with pink pepper.